Monday 26 March 2012

Digital Project

well so far i have been looking at a range of artists and experimenting with digital techniques on photographs i have been taking, i have also been experimenting with different ways i can set out my 3 minute final piece film. My film will be set around the theme of metamorphosis. within this theme i will be looking at how throughout a life time people's personality and expressions can change depending on what type of environment they are in. For this i will be taking various clips and merging them together to creat my piece and this will be based on personalities at home VS personalities on holiday.

so far i have taken clips for my 3 minute film and i am experimenting with them using different effects such as changing contrast and colours and working on how they come into my films such as fading in and out or flipping. i have also been working on creating mirrored pictures to give a surreal effect. i have also been working on the composition of my film and which clip and picture goes where.
I have been looking at old films to use as reference points here are some clips from videos that i have been looking at:

This film is called meshes of the afternoon and was made in 1943 by Maya Deren. i have been looking at this video to give me ideas on cloning for my film as i find this visually interesting.


I have looked at this film for reference to making a silent movie with different sounds that tell the story and maybe some titles throughout the film to help viewers understand what is going on.

well i am now finished the digital project and i have to say i found it hard but interesting for my final short film i made the film about being happy on holiday and at home and there are some really interesting pieces within the short film. i also produced 4 digital stills from the short film and printed them in a range of sizes. i also edited them in photoshop and i found that they were really interesting and fun to create here are the images.......




No comments:

Post a Comment