Saturday 2 August 2014

Ouseburn- this was a project back in college that i did. ouseburn is a place in newcastle upon tyne and is quite well hidden, however it is very popular within the art community and is full of alot of little inspirations that you cant find anywhere else. here is the most inspirational thing i found inspiring when i was down there........


This inspired me so much and that's where my ideas began to form to create my final piece to be exhibited to the public in a small gallery space. alot of people on my course chose very different routes but for me it was all about keeping it neutral and going with the flow of the scenery and mixing it up with the modern world, so the route i chose was fashion!!!

Here is my final piece fro the beginning to the end.....


this was the start. i chose floaty material for my dress because its natural and flows and has no harshness to it.


i then took alot of photographs around Ouseburn and did a print workshop to make them look like polaroid photographs to show the mystical place but also combine the history of it.

the photographs go all the way around the dress and i used a heat press to attach the photographs to the dress... easier said than done.....

so i decided this wasn't enough and there was something missing as my final piece looked very plain. i decided then to hand sew into the dress the picture from above but in a very loose style to keep the flow of the piece, i used a range of non natural colours to give the dress a abstract yet modern feel to it. i also added some bits in that are not in the photograph from the surrounding ares such as biker wall. to exhibit the piece i then hung it on a coat hanger from the ceiling, i made the coat hanger myself to go with my piece out of thick metal wire.

To me the piece has a vintage yet modern take on it and is one of my favourites so far...... so here it is the finished project.
















here she is my final beauty and i love her................











No comments:

Post a Comment